Friday, March 18, 2011

Caught!

When we left the house on Sunday, there was only a 10 chance of rain. This didn't seem too bad to me, and looking out the window from my apartment I saw nothing rainish. So we got the kids out of the house (this takes a lot more effort now that 2 of them are teenagers), and decided to ride out to get some lunch.

Of course, as soon as we started eating, it started raining. The only person who was even a little ready was James, as he had a rain jacket. The rest of us were less then optimally prepared- we were all wearing cotton sweatshirts and other super absorbent, minimally insulating clothing. I usually carry a rain kit this time of year- my ugly-yet-highly-effective rain poncho and a fold up umbrella and a seat cover. Of these, I had my seat cover and an umbrella. The bike got the seat cover and the youngest monster got the umbrella.

High Tech Rain Protection

Ah well. The sacrifices we make for our children. It wasn't until we had gone several miles and I was soaked that James remembered he had put my ugly-yet-highly-effective rain poncho in the Whale's trunk! Grrrrr.

Obviously, I managed to survive the ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment