first: we finally got one of them fancy FB pages. go on over and "like" it. or not. is up to you. we also have a little widget set up at the bottom right hand of our page.
second: SAN FRANCISCO BIKE PARTY!! the three SF based contributors heard of and are quite excited about the SF bike party. here's the deets from the FB page
TIME: FRIDAY JAN 7 - 7.30PM GATHER - 8PM ROLL
START: GIANTS STADIUM - WILLIE MAYS GATE
END: CIVIC CENTER QUAD -- NEAR BART
PARTY THEME: BIRTHDAY PARTY!!
San Francisco Bike Party rolls out the new year in style, our
inaugural ride is a rockin birthday party for the whole city! The
ride will take a leisurely tour of some popular areas of the city
along with our mobile sound systems. We'll stop and party at 3
well-known spots along the ride. You are welcome to join or leave the
ride at any intermediate spot - the route will be posted the week of
the ride. If you want to volunteer to help with the ride, come early
and we'll show you what to do.
GOOGLE MAPS ROUTE -- http://tinyurl.com/36kjur6
MAP MY RIDE ROUTE -- http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/26568284
Stay in the loop:
EMAIL LIST: http://groups.google.com/group/bike-party-sf/boxsubscribe
FLICKR GROUP: http://www.flickr.com/groups/sfbikeparty/
HOW WE RIDE:
- Stay in the right lane
- Stop at red lights
- Leave nothing and nobody behind
- Ride predictably and in control
- Roll past conflict
- When in doubt, “bike party!!”
San Francisco Bike Party is a monthly CELEBRATION of biking!
- SFBP is for ALL RIDERS of different ages, types, and skill levels to enjoy.
- SFBP encourages people to bring POSITIVITY and CONTRIBUTE to good
times while being RESPECTFUL to others.
- SFBP rides FUN and SAFE with stops to DANCE and SOCIALIZE along the way.
- SFBP follows PLANNED ROUTES exploring all different parts of the
city each month.
Who runs it?
- SFBP is created by a CO-OP, by and for bike enthusiasts, run by volunteers.
- SFBP volunteers plan the routes, test ride them, help participants
ride in control, avoid traffic disruption, and not get lost.
Who is it for?
- SFBP is for EVERYONE, cyclists and people on and around the street.
- SFBP invites riders from EVERYWHERE around the Bay Area and beyond
to participate and BRIDGE COMMUNTIES.
Where and When:
- SFBP is on the 1st FRIDAY meeting 7:30 rolling 8:00 pm every month, with the route being announced beforehand, beginning in and riding thru different parts of
looks like a great first week for 2011!
much love from CYLRAB