Sunday, September 5, 2010

Surprises From Friends

This is Tony.

Before The Launch

Tony and I met for the first time at a Tweed Ride and then ran into each other as I was watching everyone's bicycles outside Pancho Villa after a Butter Lap. We started talking and I told him about the ride. He has since become a Wednesday night regular and I get to see him all the time.

Tony

Tony is irrepressibly friendly and engaging. So when he sent me this email, I was not surprised in the least.


-"Adrienne! I thought you might like these. On the way back from the beach I saw this Papa pedaling his cute kids on the back of their Yuba bike and I asked if I could take their photo. I hope you don't mind but I named dropped you, I told them I have a friend Adrienne who writes a wonderful blog named Ride A Bike Change Your Life and that these photos perhaps will end up there so check it out. After I took the pictures we rode along through the park and sparked a conversation about bikes and he told me how much he loves to go to the park with his Partners In Crime and play all kinds of games, this day was futbol I believe but that I should catch them when they come to the park and shoot their bows and arrows "just imagine this bike loaded with archery gear and two kids on the back" he said. I say awesome!"



According to Tony, these three are Adam, Haven and Ben. How great is it to have friends that willingly go out and find stories for us? Thanks, Tony!

3 comments:

  1. buenas fotos tony. te aventaste :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may seem a little off topic, but nice beards on both Tony and Adam (I am, after all, both the creator of I Cycle Hamilton and the Big Bearded Bicyclist!).

    Cool that he sent pictures in to you. I am waiting for the same to begin happening to me...

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete