Monday, September 13, 2010

Processing Portland

Because it was a swirl, I am only aware of clapboard & bricks & vines & trees & wheels. Which way is south & how far is east?

Portland is a place of lines & the bones of a working class, industrial past that ends a little more everyday.

The stores are full of other people's stories- plaid & nylon & mothballs. Industry is a creaking rocking chair, economy of antique scales. Coffee comes with it all. Beer to follow.

- small thoughts on a late plane back to SFO. More coherent writing to follow.

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to Texas. One day I would like to. Oregon, at least Portland, was great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've captured in a few good words a lot of what I love about this place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad it doesn't make me sound like a silly tourist : )

    ReplyDelete